Many moons ago, I wrote a post stating some of the odd things none of you ever wanted to know about me. Since I’m struggling for content — and have seemingly lost my ability to write anything coherent — I decided that I could probably come up with ten more things y’all never needed to know about me, either.
1) I hate the smell of bananas, but I make awesome banana bread.
2) I cannot write or code — I design blogs and websites — with music or the TV on because if it’s a show or song I like, I tend to write what I just heard when I really meant to type something altogether different. No, I cannot walk and chew gum at the same time anymore. This is what happens as you get older.
3) Whenever the Hubs and I see ugly color cars — think metallic baby shit green or burnt orange — we look at each other and say, “ONE at this price!” If we see a bright yellow vehicle, we say, “Mexican taxi cab!”
4) I have food texture issues. Grapes, cherries and olives MUST be firm in order for me to eat them.
5) I make the best meatloaf and grilled steak you’ll ever eat. My meatloaf is tomato paste free and my grilled steak recipe won a national contest.
6) The Hubs got me addicted to the British show “Wheeler Dealers.”
7) The color orange belongs on only pumpkins or prisoners. It does not belong on your skin, hair clothing, car or walls.
8) I am huge Doctor Who fan — and of sci-fi in general. I have watched it since it was on PBS in the eighties with the Fourth Doctor (Tom Baker). It was family programming in my house.
9) I want to move to Oregon so that I can finally prove if Bigfoot really exists. Lord knows, Bobo and his team haven’t found shit in three seasons of Finding Bigfoot. 😀
10) I sometimes think that certain places are haunted only because we are told they are, not because they are haunted. When one is in a house that supposedly has spiritual activity, I believe that one has an expectation of paranormal happenings and, therefore, every little sound, shadow and waft of chilly air is considered proof of said haunting. Then again, I believe some areas and structures truly are haunted and/or evil. It’s all in the perception.
11) I only like PLAIN cheesecake. I do not like it with any sauces on top or anything mixed in it. A cheesecake should have a graham cracker crust and the white, sweet filling only. I also make a no-bake cheesecake that is tastier than anything you’ve ever had before. All the flavor without the heaviness. It only has three ingredients.
12) I’m dyslexic.